East Fork Baptist Church was organized in June, 1846 as a "Arm" of the Cathey's Creek Baptist Church. Members living in the East Fork community ask for dismissal due to impassable roads and long travel to attend worship services at Cathey's Creek. This dismissal was granted and the new church was formally constituted as East Fork of the French Broad River Baptist Church on June 13, 1846 and consisted of 23 charter members.
The first structure used for worship services was a small building constructed of logs it was build within a half a mile of where the present sanctuary stands.
In November 1871 the county school house located near by was used by both the Baptist and Methodist congregations for worship services on alternate Sundays. Worship services were held on Saturday and Sunday once a month. Church services were held in the old school house until 1881 and in that same year the first sunday school program was organized.
In 1883 the church membership appointed a committee to secure title to some land near the present site to construct a new house of worship. A frame building was started there but was never completed. In 1883 East Fork of the French Broad River Baptist Church became a member of the Transylvania Baptist Association.
In 1888 a committee was formed to secure funds for the construction of a larger and more suitable building.
Late in the 1890's the East Fork sanctuary was completed. It was used as a place of worship until it was destroyed by fire on December 13, 1956.
The construction of the new building began in January 1957 and on May 19th 1957 the first worship service was held in the new sanctuary. At the time of the first service the construction was incomplete. The sanctuary was completed and additions were added.
From the charter membership of 23 the membership has increased to approximately 150 active members.
In 1998 construction began on our current sanctuary. The labors and talents of the membership and community members gave numerous hours of time, money, and love to create the sanctuary that we now worship in. On May 28, 2001 this sanctuary was dedicated as a place of worship to God for the present members and generations to come for the building of God's Kingdom on Earth.